Memories of the Future, Volume One, covers the first 13 episodes of TNG, so each week, I'm choosing something from one episode, and performing an excerpt for you. It will mostly be from the synopses, which is where I think the real humor of the book lives, but from time to time, I may work in some things from the other parts.
Three important things:
- This does not mean the book comes out in 13 weeks. It comes out much sooner than that. In fact, it is available right now! Woo!
- These are not excerpted from an audiobook. These are recorded specifically for this podcast. I'm not sure if I'll do a full-length audiobook, yet, but I'm open to the idea.
- Did I mention that you can get your very own copy of Memories of the Future, Volume One, right now, for $19.87, or as a $10 DRM-free PDF? Okay, just checking.
- The Memories of the Futurecast works hard to earn its [EXPLICIT] tag. You have been warned.
- This week's theme music is Shame of the Otaku (MP3 link, y'all changed the link to point at the song's lyrics page. Now iTunes subscribers should get the podcast), from MC Frontalot's sensational album Final Boss. It's used with permission, because Front is my BFF.
- I have a seriously smooth, chocolately voice at the beginning. Man, I wish I sounded like that all the time … ladies.
- This week, I feature an excerpt from episode 7 of TNG, Lonely Among Us, which gives me an opportunity to make a whole lot of references to Parliament Funkadelic. Ohhhh yeah.
- Anne pointed out to me that I seem to have this horribly annoying verbal tic where I go, "and . . . um . . ." a whole lot. I was not aware of that, but now that I am, I am horrified, and vow to ensure that I don't do that in the future.
- Memories of the Futurecast is almost 24 minutes this week. Get comfortable.
- Memories of the Futurecast is 22.9 MB this week. Make room! Make room!
- Memories of the Futurecast has wicked topspin.
- Memories of the Futurecast wants you to go to w00tstock.
- Memories of the Futurecast has a vest made from real gorilla chest.